Sunday, April 24, 2016

MY AGE SHOWING AT SPRING GAME!


      One big plus to living in Williamsburg, I am always saying, is being so close to Iowa City and the Iowa Hawkeyes. Yesterday was a pleasant day and there was no doubt that I was going to head east and check out the Iowa Hawkeye football Spring game at Kinnick.

       I enjoyed the action but, soon realized that they were not going to turn off the blaring, loud, Rap/Hip Hop music. I don't mind load music but, of course, only load blaring music that I like. I think and hope the only reason they continued to play it during play was to simulate crowd noise of an actual game. It always seems funny that they play music that you know most of the fans with deep pockets and a little to the older side probably would agree with me.

       My other negative observation was the lack of hand rails up and down the seating areas. If you are an older fan and have seats way down front you have to walk down 40 rows or so. It is a miracle that not many fans fall or trip while going up or down. Even a heart attack would be a possibility. In the newer enclosed south end-zone they have put in hand rails and there are some in the north end zone. But, none in the entire east or west side. I understand "grand-fathering" things in or out and the fact of cost but, to help protect the fan and especially the well-to-do fan surely should be of the utmost importance. You would think with all the money spent and donated for all sorts of things, especially health, at the University, it wouldn't be too much to ask for some hand-rails. Anyway, yes, the Hawks will have another outstanding season! PS. I sat in the first seat and row down from the tunnel entrance!

No comments:

Post a Comment