Sunday, April 15, 2018

MAYBE BEST T-BONE STEAK EVER!


         Last night for dinner, I decided to give the recipe for cooking a T-Bone steak in a cast iron pan a try. The T-Bone cut is still my favorite steak even topping a Rib-Eye, but, not by much.

          The cut that I purchased was only of medium thickness and just little over a pound and a quarter. I simply rubbed it on both sides with olive oil, salt, and pepper only. I used my old 10" caste iron skillet, and melted some butter and a little additional olive oil before turning the stove top heat to high. 

         One thing I did immediately was to turn the stove fan on high and open the door to the garage wide open to getting ready for some smoke. When the pan was hot, I placed the steak in and cooked the first side for a minute and a half and then flipping the steak over for about the same time. 

         When completed, I placed a tablespoon of butter on top. Most of the steak was done to a tender medium rare and was extremely delicious. I know throughout my lifetime I have had delicious T-Bones and other cuts of steaks. But, it is funny that it took me almost my entire lifetime to cook a premium steak to my own perfection and a little beyond! I guess it's never too late! 

No comments:

Post a Comment