Sunday, April 29, 2018

LIGHT KAYRO SYRUP ADDICTION!


        In my writing class last week, a lady had written a story about special memories of her grand-parents. One of her favorites revolved around breakfast time. Her grand-parents didn't use butter on their pancakes, but, just light Karo syrup.

          That hit a nerve big time for me. My mother would always use light Karo on pancakes, waffles, and french toast, but with butter. And, that has been my compliment to pancakes for most of my adult life. I have resorted to blueberry on occasion and have had maple on standby for guests and grand-kids. 

          Even through the years traveling, I would request light Karo at breakfast time. Generally, the server would look at me like I was an alien! Don't get me wrong, I can change and have once in awhile. One of my fondest memories of a meal and a breakfast meal at that was at the luxurious hotel near Crater Lake, Oregon. I enjoyed the richest and BEST maple syrup in my lifetime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment