Monday, April 16, 2018

1ST TIME-HOMEMADE EGGS BENEDICT


      With all this bad early April weather, I've found myself struggling to keep busy at least inside. One thing I did this week-end was make from scratch--Eggs Benedict. I'm not sure where, when, or who introduced me to what is now my favorite all time breakfast and has been for most of my lifetime.

        Up until this past Sunday, 4/15/2018, Eggs Benedict was always something that I ordered as a real treat while eating out on special occasions or while traveling. What actually made me the most nervous about the recipe was poaching an egg. I'm not sure I have ever done it. It turned out OK, but, just wasn't as pretty as I wanted.

          Toasting the English Muffin and warming the Canadian Bacon was the easy part. I used a very simple recipe for the Hollandaise Sauce. The key, I believe, was just an extra shot of lemon juice! At least now when I want my favorite all time breakfast, I can enjoy it right here at home.  
.

No comments:

Post a Comment