Tuesday, April 25, 2017

THE OLD MEAT GRINDER


       At the auction I attended this week-end there was one thing I initially had my eye on. It was an old fashion cast iron clap on meat grinder. We all have seen them, still own one, or had a mother or grand-mother who used one. 

      I had one that was given to me by my sister, Doris, but, am not sure where it went. Our mother could make the best beef sandwiches from left-over roast beef complete with mayo and diced sweet pickle. The sandwiches were the best.

       At the auction I had to buy along with meat grinder a whole box of assorted spoons and various cutting knives among other things. But, for $2.00, getting this meat grinder was a pretty good deal. Does anyone need a cutting knife or two or three---?

No comments:

Post a Comment