Saturday, April 8, 2017

DORIS & DENNIS/CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR!


       The other day and after returning from our trip to the southeast with my sister, Doris, she brought up the fact we hadn't driven into South Carolina as we were very close. I had originally thought it would be cool to drive just into the state just to say we had been there. Frankly, I have never been there.

         Despite the fact we traveled through eight states-- Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, and Ohio, there will always be the question of why we didn't go there. It was my responsibility in planning out the routing of the trip, but, for some reason I really didn't give it a thought once we were on the road.

         The positive way at looking at a situation like this is simply in the big scheme of things so what! I have traveled through all states except three or four. It's many more than most Americans have been to, so be grateful for all you have had the pleasure of visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment