Tuesday, April 4, 2017

PORK CHOPS IN WATER?


        Not too long ago, I wrote about the kitchen where I grew up. Sammy Wilson, a Laurel  classmate and close friend of my sister, Doris, commented about the story. She remembered coming to our home and enjoying the pork chops my mother made. 

        The method of cooking those pork chops was brought to light by my sister Doris on our trip to the southeast. Last night I decided to give the method a try. First, I took a couple of boneless pork chops and rolled them in "Kentucky Kernel" seasoned flour and browned them in mom's old 12 inch cast iron skillet. 

Then after browning, I turned the heat down to medium low, added a glass of water, and covered the skillet and let it simmer for 45 minutes or so. They turned out so tender! I had never tried cooking Chops that way and didn't realize that was the secret to tender chops. Through the years, I always cooked them on the grill like most meats. That's what guys do! You're never too old to learn! 

          

No comments:

Post a Comment