Tuesday, January 3, 2017

WHEN BOOZE FLOWED AT KINNICK!


       I was talking to a lady prior to the Iowa Hawkeye football game in the Outback Bowl. She, like myself, had season tickets prior and during the Hayden Fry era. 

        During the time prior to Fry's era, the only reason one really went to a game was to party with lots of drinking before and during the game. It was quite easy to carry in liquor in all forms. Pints of everything stuffed in purses and pockets along with beer in small coolers and never checked by the ticket checkers. 

       And, the worst thing by today's standards, you could sit there and smoke away and no one really complained. This is one of those times when I am glad things changed. If I was caught back then with some of the stuff I smuggled in to the football games, I would still be serving time!

No comments:

Post a Comment