Friday, January 6, 2017

ANCHOVY ON PIZZA? NO THANKS!


       Many many years ago, there was a time when pizza joints offered anchovies as a topping choice. Just to be "ornery," I would mention to someone with me that we should order a pizza with anchovies just to see the reaction I would get.

        Well, the other day I decided to make my favorite "pizza boats" for the evening meal. The "light bulb" came on to get a small can of anchovies and put them on at least a couple of slices of my favorite french bread along with the majority of pepperoni. Did I mention that I like sardines and most of those "funny" little fish in cans.

         This didn't end as planned. I was really really disappointed.  First, I think I will stick to sardines when I am looking for a snack with cheese and crackers. Second, as far as I am concerned, anchovies don't have to be concerned of becoming extinct!

No comments:

Post a Comment