Sunday, January 15, 2017

THE LITTLE THINGS IN LIFE!


      Yesterday I went to my first household auction in over two years. It has been something that I have always enjoyed and just love the` excitement of the whole auctioning process. "SOLD!" I headed over to Belle Plaine around 10 AM for the action at Weeda Auction.

       Most of their auctions are not earth shattering in terms of quality, but, it is nearby and my philosophy has always been that one can  find a "diamond in the rough." Yesterday was no exception. 

      There were two matching table lamps with the 1950's pink floral design on the shades both in  perfect shape. It caught my eye, but, evidently no one else. Before they came up for sale.I sat there and told myself to not bid beyond a certain price no matter what. After all, I would attempt to re-sale them down the line at some point?

       It was time and here we go. "Who will give me $1.00!" I raised my hand! That was it. No one else shared my excitement. What did they all know?  Their loss, my gain. Besides, even if I keep them, which I may, or sell them, I like knowing that even if I sell them someday for $2.00, I made 100% profit. As you can tell, it doesn't take much to make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment