Saturday, January 21, 2017

DON'T TELL YOUR MOTHER----!


     A while back I found a lady here in town that has a reputation as an excellent pie maker. My first pie I had her make for me was raisin creme and she lived up to her standing in the Burg.

      It did remind me that when I was just a small boy I had told my mother that she was not as good a pie maker as my Aunt Glatha Laverty. That was a big mistake! That was one of those things that you wish you could take back even though you were a stupid little kid. 

       Until the day my mother died, I would hear about that story. Usually it was from one of my sisters anxious to rub it in at a family gathering while sitting around eating pie!  Yes, most times it is OK to tell the truth, but, that was not one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment