Sunday, January 29, 2017

BIRTHDAY DATE W/ SOMEONE SPECIAL!


       I recently met a special someone that I wanted to share my birthday with. So Friday evening, January 27th, 2017, we drove to Iowa City for dinner. My dilemma was deciding on where to go and yet being only our second date, wanting it to be a special place. And, since living in eastern Iowa for five years, I have never treated a certain restaurant as "special."

      I first googled up the Top 10 eateries in Iowa City and Coralville. Then I studied several of them and a couple eliminated due to budget issues! My favorite colorful, longtime, and historical place is the Hamburg Inn 2 and was in the running as my first choice. 

      Finally, I went with a good and safe pick. The Olive Garden in Coralville was chosen as I wanted Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo and theirs is one of the best. And, to have the best of both worlds, we drove to downtown Iowa City and had dessert and coffee at the Hamburg Inn 2. 

        One thing I learned from this particular evening. Pick one bistro to eat and then go to a new place for dessert and check it out for a next time potential!  Also, all I will say at this time is I hope there are more dinning experiences in the future with my new companion!      
  

No comments:

Post a Comment