Tuesday, January 3, 2017

TIMES-THEY ARE CHANGING!~


      On New Year's Eve while dining at the Ox Yoke Inn-Amana, Iowa, I was reminded once again of a time gone by in dining style, comforting surroundings, and type of food items. The first reminder came when I was asked by the waitress if I wanted sauerkraut with my family style meal.

       The servers are instructed to ask if it is wanted as so much of it goes un-eaten. Just the "family style" is something not seen any longer at most eateries. And, my main entree was the wiener schnitzel-baby beef not the chicken. Let's face it, if we were to take a survey today, how many of us would really know what "wiener schnitzel" is? It's OK, times do change and I am glad that was a part of this great dining tradition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment