Tuesday, January 17, 2017

FAREWELL GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!


       I was saddened my learning of the closing of the Ringling Bros. circus this past week after 140 plus years in existence. But, at the same time happy and fortunate to have seen at different times in my life at least four or five performances. 

      The one, and I have told the story here on my Blog, was the first time back in the 1950's when my uncle, Paul Laverty took several of us cousins to the"Big Top" in Des Moines, Iowa. That was when they actually performed inside a huge tent. The last one I witnessed was with my long time companion, Ilah Morey, my daughter La Risa, and three grand-daughters, Ciera, Cora, and Paige. The warm memories of those performances will always be etched in my memory. I was so lucky to have been a part of these historical "Greatest Shows on Earth!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment