Saturday, September 24, 2016

YOU NEVER KNOW/ 62' CLASS RE-UNION!


       written 6/21/2014

       Just a few years ago I held a 1962 Laurel high-school class reunion attended by a few of my old classmates at my home at 3308 Lily Lane, in Marshalltown, Iowa.

       For the food menu, I simply ordered Zeno's pizza which has been a local favorite since opening in the 1950's. Thought was given to preparing a toss salad along with a variety of dressings to appease everyone's liking. Then, I decided to make just one simple dressing that I wanted to try and if no one liked it that would be too bad.

       I found this recipe on an old napkin and for the life of me do not remember where it came from. It was simply equal parts vinegar and olive oil, 3 shots of Italian dressing and half cup of sugar or to your liking.

        To my surprise the salad disappeared quickly and to my further amazement three of my female classmates called me the next morning for the recipe to the dressing! Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought in my younger years that someday women would be calling me for a recipe. Get out of here! Again, one just never knows. It was a nice feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment