Sunday, September 18, 2016

THE BISON CAME TO REALLY ROAM!


      It seems like we worry about things we shouldn't and the things we should worry about we really don't! I wasn't really worried about the Hawks Saturday losing. Maybe close!! I was really worried about getting tickets for my daughter, friend, and me, when I heard that the North Dakota Bison were bringing 10,000 fans down from Fargo.

       First, it was a beautiful day. Second, it was always a thrill to ride the Hawkeye Express from Coralville to Kinnick. Next, I obtained one ticket, really cheap, from a NDS fan. While my daughter and friend ate at one of the vendors on Melrose, I went to work and found a couple of  additional tickets for far less than par. That worry was now past. It was a little nerve wrecking for a bit before getting tickets when I saw the huge wave of Bison fans.

       My seat was in the north end zone among a huge group of NDS fans. One thing that was neat was that their colors were green and yellow which was Laurel's colors when I went to school there. Next, I told one fan I never had been to North Dakota. (Another story coming) The one thing I did pick up from the  NDS fans was their one cheer! After a penalty on the Hawkeyes-they chanted"YOU CAN'T DO THAT! YOU CAN'T DO THAT!" I never heard that cheer ever. I did like it. Bottom line-Hawks lost, but it was a beautiful day with my beautiful daughter and did enjoy the heard from North Dakota!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment