Sunday, September 18, 2016

NO TIME LIKE THE PRESENT!


       It was around the year 2000 and I was dating someone from Des Moines whose son was playing with a band in Iowa City. After watching this particular band for a time we decided to find a place where we could dance. We ended up going to the down-town Holiday Inn which had a Dance Club at the time.

         On this particular evening, a disc jockey was playing just Latin and/or "Salsa" music to a crowd of people of Latin connections. My date informed me that someday we would to sign up for dance lessons and learn how to Salsa dance. Oh, brother!

       I just grabbed her hand and headed out to the dance floor. The first thing I said to her was if she knew anyone there. No was the answer! Then just simply watch and follow what other dancers were doing and go with the flow. Before we knew it, we were Salsa-ing! No time like the present!

No comments:

Post a Comment