Sunday, September 4, 2016

LUNCH WITH GOOD FRIEND JERRY!


         I had called Jerry Roberts Friday and just mentioned if wasn't doing anything exciting for lunch Sunday maybe we could meet somewhere between Urbandale and Williamsburg. I was hinting and leaning to Goldie's in Prairie City. They have great tenderloins and ice cream products. Yum!

       When Jerry called back there was some concern about Goldie's not being open on Sunday. So, he mentioned if it were that maybe Okoboji Grill in Newton could be an option. The key selling point was that Jerry had eaten there some time ago and had a "great" Walleye meal.

      We talked after the Hawkeye game and he had found out that Goldie's was open on Sundays. Too late! He had already done his sales job to me and my brain and/or stomach. I am a real push-over for Walleye. Okoboji Grill it was. It was great! And, as usual Jerry and I had a fun luncheon together. Besides, and I'll never tell Jerry that I stopped at the Iowa's Best Burger Cafe on the Kellogg exit and had some hard Blue Bunny strawberry ice-cream and back in the car to listen to my Chicago Cubs. PS The Cubs won in 13 innings. Is this a great country or what!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment