Monday, September 5, 2016

MY OWN GIZMO!!


     Just like last year, I didn't make the Iowa State Fair. The one big thing I go for in terms of food is a Gizmo sandwich from Carl's located near the Bill Riley's Stage. However, I have developed my own "Gizmo" which I like just as much as Carl's. 

          I have changed mine slightly by using a mixture of cooked sweet sausage and hamburger. I also use Provolone rather than Mozzarella and a small locally baked Italian/French bread. I top my sandwich also with sweet peppers wrap it all up in tin foil and in bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.

       Interestingly, a writer  covering the Minnesota State Fair named the "Gizmo" from Carl's (originally from Des Moines) as the best food item at that fair. If you haven't made a Gizmo or sausage sandwich lately or ever, you owe it to yourself to give it a try!   

No comments:

Post a Comment