Saturday, September 24, 2016

PEOPLE WILL PLEASANTLY SURPRISE YOU!


       This past week, to my surprise, I had a knock on the door early in the morning by one of the fellows from the grocery store. He brought to me a insulated light weight travel bag after I had commented on his that he brings his lunch in to the`store. He picked up another like it and was thoughtful enough to bring me one after I mentioned I could use one for an upcoming auto trip.

     It also reminded me of a story years ago while attending an "Indy 500" race in the 1970's. A young man walked by our area where we were parked wearing  a "Cleveland Browns"  T-shirt. At the time I was a big fan of the Browns and simply asked the guy if he would sell me his shirt. (A little alcohol encouraged me I'm sure.) 

      He obviously responded with a NO, but, indicated he would send me one from Cleveland where he lived. A couple of weeks later, at my real estate office in West Des Moines, arrived this tube with a brand new Cleveland  Browns T-shirt! Yes! There are a lot of nice people out there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment