Sunday, September 25, 2016

MY MOM-HAIR DAY & A BLIZZARD!


      I was just reminded this week-end the importance of my mom getting her hair "done" by my cousin Dianne Davis of Corning, Iowa.It's where the mailmen got the expression-"Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor hail!"----- It probably is the Creed to a lot of women still to this day.

      It always amazed me that my mother would call me on a rainy summer day and warn me not to drive to Des Moines or somewhere because it was raining. On the other hand, we could be having the Century's worst blizzard and if I mentioned that she should stay put on her "hair" day I was just being foolish. Her response was always something like--"Oh, I've seen worse than this!" If there isn't there should be a Creed that goes something like--"Never stand between a woman and her hair day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment