Friday, September 23, 2016

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!


      As you progress through life and come closer to going out than coming in, you
ponder occasionally on how you would  have done things differently and why things like technology has passed you by. Could it be that you're really not as bright as you thought you were? Sometimes it seems that you are the only person not communicating on the Internet, texting, Twittering, Facebooking, Utubing, or Smart Phone. 

         But, throughout life you come to realize that whatever the subject you are not alone. Someone used to try and convince me that most men she knew enjoyed shopping. Maybe that one is too obvious. I used to think I was the only guy in the world that couldn't work on a car! Watching TV you would think most men play golf. Not me. When you get into antiquing, you realize someone out there is collecting just about anything.

      Recently a friend stopped by to watch a football game on TV. During the game he asked me about my TV as far as make and so forth. His wife was wanting to buy a new one, but, he liked the old one because it was easy to operate. 

      When he visited his kids and they left for any reason, he would have them turn the TV on for him. I've done the same thing while visiting my sister's home. They have satellite coverage with a zillion channels.  Usually there are three or four remotes on the coffee table and I don't have a clue. 

        Hopefully they will come with voice activation on everything some day. It does make you feel good once in a while, when you find out you are not the only "idiot" on the planet. So many people have reprogrammed my TV set and system that I barely know how to run it anymore.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment