Thursday, September 22, 2016

MAID-RITE w/LETTUCE & MAYO??


      Today while in Marshalltown it was lunch as usual at Taylor's Maid-Rite. I had my one with everything and a glass of skim milk. I took a lot of static from the server about not ordering my usual malt. I actually had to explain that I was simply trying to lose a few pounds before a big family wedding coming up in a couple of weeks.

       I had no more than ordered when this big guy sat down next to me and ordered a Cheese-Rite with lettuce, mayo and that was when the server stopped him cold. After it was established that he was not a local with his order, he couldn't resist commenting. I mentioned to him that I was originally a local and been coming in here since I was a little kid and I had never heard anyone in my 72 years order a maid-rite with lettuce or mayonnaise. 

       I asked this guy where he was from and he responded Cedar Rapids. I came back with the fact that I was going to Cedar Rapids this coming Friday to see Steely Dan Tribute Band-Fez. He had never heard of Steely Dan from the 1970's. I guessed that he was a Country Western Fan and not a R&R guy. I felt like a real Columbo today with this stranger in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment