Sunday, September 25, 2016

WRITING --SOME DAYS LIKE PONZI SCHEME!


        I was just thinking a week ago or so that maybe the end was in sight in writing stories from Ago as it has become more difficult to think of stories from the past after writing so many through the years. Like a ponzi scheme everything is OK as long as it keeps coming in, but, when it doesn't you're in trouble.

       However, having said that, an old friend from the past invited me to a Alumni luncheon of sorts with old friends that I knew from the Des Moines area back in the 1970's through the early 1990's. It has already triggered stories about some of them that I had forgotten and I'm sure after a get-to-gather I'll have more. A cousin just reminded of a story about my mother and just this past week at the Burg Grocery two new ones popped up.

       Sometimes it amazes me all the memories that are stored in our mind just waiting to come out. Maybe what they say about getting more forgetful as we get older is that we simply have too much stored up there already and we're running out of room!  
       

No comments:

Post a Comment