Friday, June 26, 2015

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CANDY BAR?


      This past week, a lady purchased one of those bags of mini candy bars at the Burg Grocery. This bunch was Baby Ruth's, which are my all time favorite candy bar. Yes, even though I haven't eaten them as often over the years as a Snicker's, it still remains my lifetime favorite.

      Whether you believe the story about the fact that it was named after Grover Cleveland's baby daughter Ruth or the baseball player it remains today a favorite of many. The Oh Henry candy bar was close, but, no cigar!

      As a kid attending Laurel school, during some noon hours, I would walk uptown to Fuller's, the local grocery store,  and purchase a Baby Ruth for a little "dessert." I would usually get the larger one that cost a whole 10 cents. What a treat. Ah! The little things in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment