Tuesday, June 9, 2015

RESERVE MOTEL BY REMOTE/ PURE MICHIGAN DAY 2


     Upon arriving in Ludington, Michigan early evening on June 6th, we proceeded driving north to the town of Manistee for an over night stay before heading on up to the Traverse City area the next morning.

       We checked out a vintage motel, the Riverside Motel, that we saw advertised on a road sign. It set back up against an inlet to Lake Michigan. The area was quite nice and when we pulled up the sign on the office indicated it was closed for the evening. It was just past 8 pm eastern time.

      Instead of moving on, I decided to call the telephone number listed on the door and did get a response. The guy at the other end indicated what the nightly fee would be and that if I wanted to check it out just open the unlocked door on # such and such. It seemed very clean and acceptable and the key was inside laying on a desk in the room.

       Before giving him my Credit card # I had told him that I needed to see the room and that if something didn't work out, we would be coming back through in two or three days with my friend "Lenny!"  Lenny is my pretend mobster friend who will do harm on you if given the word.

      Never in my life have I rented a motel room in this trusting manner. But, even though it was odd, it worked out. I went with it based on my instinct due to the upscale area and town, plus, the motel itself was very well maintained inside and out.

       Pure Michigan Day 2 will continue-------

No comments:

Post a Comment