Tuesday, June 30, 2015

TO THE OLD BALLPARK WITH A DEAR FRIEND!


      Monday I traveled to Des Moines to pick up my long time classmate and close friend, Jerry Roberts,  for one of our favorite summer pastimes at Principal Park for a little I-Cub baseball. Jerry and I go back to first day of kindergarten at Laurel Consolidated School.

      It never really matters if the I-Cubs win or lose, it's just a pleasure to enjoy a beautiful lazy summer afternoon with a dear friend, in a scenic view of downtown Des Moines, with lots of good AAA baseball action. Today the I-Cubs lost in 10 innings, but, that was OK.

       After the game, we stopped at my favorite food treat Tasty Taco's. Life couldn't be better. An afternoon with a good friend doing a little catching up, watching America's favorite pastime, and the finale of a T.T. 

No comments:

Post a Comment