Wednesday, June 17, 2015

I am 71! DON'T ADDRESS ME AS YOUNG MAN!


      I still don't think of myself as being an old or older guy. One of these silly tests I took recently on Facebook said I should be 33! Well, the other day a clerk at the local Casey's addressed me as Hey! Young Man something------! I told her that I know she didn't mean anything by it, but, she was doing it because I am older. If I was 48, she sure wouldn't say hey, young man.

     Another thing. Let me open my own door! And, while we are at it. I never like hearing Mam this and Mam that. I know it is out of respect for some but, where is the dividing line between Miss and Mam.  I always thought if you called a lady Mam that was only 26 years old that was kind of a slam.  Oh, well! Got that off  my crotchety old chest!  Just say, "Have a nice day! PERIOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment