Thursday, April 9, 2015

YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO WHERE?

      A few days ago, I had asked someone at the Burg Grocery if they had ever been to or through Le Claire, Iowa. If you have traveled on Interstate 80 and crossed the Mississippi River then you have at least seen the sign as Le Claire is the last exist and town on the Iowa side. 

      I ended up asking four or five other employees about Le Claire and all had either never been there or maybe had heard of it, but, were not sure where it was. I made the wrong assumption that simply living in eastern Iowa one would know where all these "hot" little Burgs were or had been there.

     All of sudden, I felt like a world traveler. In my lifetime, I have been fortunate to have visited most all states in the U.S.A. and our neighbors to the south and north. Also, at different times have visited and explored most all of this beautiful state. I assumed most everyone else shared my passion of traveling. I guessed wrong. 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment