Thursday, April 16, 2015

WHAT'S EVERYONE'S BIG HURRY?

      Years ago when starting out selling real estate in the Des Moines area, it seemed I was always running all the time to get things done and not practicing time management very well.

        A lady, Rose Babcock, a very successful Realtor that worked in my office, indirectly showed me the light.  While I normally ran around town getting signatures from individuals on real-estate deals, she would simply have the person or persons come in to the office and have them sign an offer at their convenience. She learned to get others to do the running, while she sat in her office and drummed up more business.

      I learned from another young man who was a customer buying a townhouse and worked for A. T. & T. They taught the habit of taking notes and making up to-do lists. To this day, I still make up a list of things I want to accomplish even though in semi-retirement the list usually is not that long. No matter. If something does not get done, finished, or bought at the grocery store, it gets put on for tomorrow. Once it is written down, I no longer have to worry about it or forget it.

      Even with my funny little stories, if I get an idea at work or the course of the day, I write it on a piece of paper, take it home and post the story idea on the "draft" section of my Blog site. We may be getting older, but, we need to do things smarter!

No comments:

Post a Comment