Tuesday, April 21, 2015

WILL BE ONE OFF MY BUCKET LIST!

     ON September 20th of this year will be a  race as part of the Nascar  circuit to be held in Joliet, Illinois at the Chicagoland Speedway. Why is this such a big deal, Dennis?

      For years, starting in the mid 1970's, I attended every year the Indy 500 on Memorial Day week-end until the early 1990's. The story behind how I got started going and became enthused is for another time. 

      For years, I have wanted to attend a "big" time Nascar race just to experience all its glory and well just to say I did it. One thing I know for sure is that until you experience those machines coming at you at 200 plus mph, you haven't seen or experienced it all.

        To make sure I go, I will be ordering the tickets shortly and then there will be no way not to go. Besides, Williamsburg is only a little over 3 hours away. I'll let you know how it turned out this fall. I didn't say my "bucket list" included a trip to Paris, but, I am getting excited just the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment