Thursday, April 9, 2015

DISAPPOINTMENT AT FUNERAL!

     The other day a lady stopped at the Burg Grocery to purchase food items for a recent funeral in the community. On the way out it was mentioned about the yummy food usually provided at these events, at least in the smaller towns.

      I mentioned how disappointed I was years ago while attending a cousin's funeral in Marshalltown. Before going, I had not had lunch, but, knew that after the funeral there would be a lunch served. So I assumed. Not today. Only a few dessert items were provided. I was so disappointed and at the same time how selfish of me and probably disrespectful in my thinking.

     I guess I am still old school and look forward to occasions when those that still can serve those wonderful home made delights are still with us and have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment