Sunday, April 12, 2015

KIDS-FUN TO WATCH CHANGE!

     Yesterday, I went to Iowa City with family to watch my gran-daughter, Jenna, play in her first softball tournament. The team is made up of local young girls from Williamsburg and play with the name Blaze and are pretty much in the nine year old range.

      What is always fun is to witness  the changes from one year to the next as these young kids grow and mature. It only seems like yesterday when these young ladies were throwing the ball every where but to where it was suppose to go. It only seems like the blink of an eye when some of them were just standing in the infield or outfield and paying more attention to a bird flying over or what their shoes looked like.

      Yesterday, I enjoyed a throw from the shortstop to the first baseman with such accuracy, I thought I was attending a high school game. My gran-daughter, Jenna, got up to the plate and jacked one out deep and enabled two to score. I do miss and in some ways wish I could preserve the earlier times. But, I have always said it is so exciting to watch the changes in our kids lives. I really wouldn't  want it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment