Friday, April 17, 2015

WEIGHT LOSS ALSO BRINGS LOOKING BETTER-MAYBE!

    In many ways I am old school because you guessed it-I'm considered old. One thing I still can't quite get away from is taking a few clothing items to the dry cleaners on occasion. It all goes back to when I was first married and my wife then would iron one dress shirt every morning for me. I was used to and spoiled by my mother, who would have a weeks worth of shirts ironed and ready to go.

     After a period of this with my wife, and,  no it didn't dawn on me to iron my own shirts, I started taking them to a nearby cleaners. Then, I didn't have to decide what color I wanted on a particular day. I could choose from several.

       The city "sharped dressed man"mentality has stuck with me pretty much most of my life. Even though the last 20 or so years I  have not needed clothes pressed or dry cleaned  to at least work in. I know our society has become more laid back and casual, but, once in a while I still like to put on some duds that are pressed to perfection. Especially now  with losing a little weight, it becomes an added motivator of feeling better and looking better. At least as much as an old guy can!

No comments:

Post a Comment