Tuesday, April 14, 2015

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!

      Years ago when I was a younger man, there was a group of us that had season tickets to the Hawkeye football games. At different times we would talk about when we were older and retired, we would buy a house on or just off Melrose Ave. just south of the stadium.

      From there, even if it was a rental or one of lived in it, we could park our friends cars in the yard like they still do and PARTY! This almost came true.

      Today I live in Williamsburg and it is only a hop, skip, and a jump to Iowa City. Maybe it is not like living right next to my favorite fall pastime, but, the next best thing. I can get up, drive to Coralville, get on the Hawkeye Express , and,  be at Kinnick Stadium in 10 minutes. After the game, I can be back in the Burg by three thirty in the afternoon. That wish worked out pretty well.  


No comments:

Post a Comment