Tuesday, November 1, 2016

"WHERE DID YOU GO EXCITING ON YOUR VACATION?


       One of the managers at the Burg Grocery got back from her vacation of last week. As always, I ask someone who has taken vacation time the same question. "Where did you go exciting on your vacation?"

         I don't ask it to be cute or funny, but, am always interested when people travel or engage in interesting events. It's just in my nature, I guess. The response was pretty much as I had expected. "Just stayed home!" 

       That response is usually the case and her answer was no big surprise. But, just once it would be a pleasant surprise to hear someone say the following: "We just got back from Egypt and took a mini-cruise down the Nile and visited the Great Pyramids on camel-back!" That may be a stretch, but, something along those lines would be better than going nowhere.  

No comments:

Post a Comment