Thursday, November 17, 2016

FORGETFUL- LEAVING SHOES ON TOP OF CAR!


       We have all been forgetful from time to time. Forgetfulness does not have a direct correlation to age. One of my most memorable happened when I was still very young in my early 20's!

       At this particular time, we had friends who lived in Omaha, Nebraska and we headed there to visit for the week-end. At the time, my wife, Sandi, and daughter, La Risa, lived in an apartment at 7706 Dennis Drive in Urbandale, Iowa. 

        While packing the car, which was parked out front, I placed a pair of dress shoes on the top of the vehicle for who knows why? Somehow we drove off with those shoes still on top and no one noticing. They fell off and our mailman found them laying on the ground and kept them until our return.

        The only thing that was somewhat embarrassing was that going out  one evening  to eat at a "fancy" restaurant, I had to wear a pair of casual shoes with my sports coat and tie. I made sure that I kept my shoes well hidden under the table. Belie`ve me these were different times in dress code, etc. All ended well for a memorable, forgetful, and somewhat embarrassing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment