Saturday, November 19, 2016

THEY BOUGHT HOW MANY CASES OF BUTTER?


       Yesterday, at the Burg Grocery, a couple came in and inquired about purchasing "four" cases of butter. I repeat four! The guy was a large man and appeared to have a weight issue and possibly cholesterol issues and who knows what else. All speculation, of course, on my part. 

       We had a sale on a certain brand of butter which cut the price from a $4 range down to approx. $2.00. A significant savings for sure.  And, I know what you are all saying. But Dennis, " It can be frozen." And, in one sense I was not surprised as this is a community with a lot of old frugal "German" farmers. 

         It was still funny to me. Watching this big guy check out a couple` of cases of butter and his wife right behind with two more. It doesn't take much to entertain me as you have gotten to know! That's still a lot of butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment