Saturday, November 5, 2016

I DIDN'T NEED STINKIN' GPS!


       After I received an inquiry about doing some windows here in Williamsburg, I asked a couple of locals who have lived here in town all their lives. The street was East Washington and both individuals weren't sure. This town is only 3,000 in population and by all practical terms not that big. How could you not know any street and living here for ever?

        I did find it on my own. But, being a realtor for 15 years in Des Moines, Iowa, I prided myself in knowing pretty much every street not only in Des Moines, but, most of the nearby suburbs including Ankeny. I made it a point to know the evens and odds of addresses by which side of the street they were on. Also, if an address was 1200 35th, I could tell you what the nearest street was running the other direction.

        I didn't need any "stinkin" GPS devise. It was called using your old brain. I would bet that today many Realtors don't know their streets and just rely on their "tech" assistance! 

No comments:

Post a Comment