Saturday, November 12, 2016

DON'T SHUFFLE-PICK EM' UP!


      One thing that disturbs me about getting older is the following. When I travel any distance, it takes me about a dozen steps, when getting out of the car, to straighten up and be able to walk with some normalcy. At this rate in another five years it will take meat twenty steps. 

       When sitting on my couch, I usually pull myself up by putting my toes under a low ledge on my coffee table. Of course, I have to go Ugh! That makes it official.  You know you are getting old when as you are getting up you go Ugh!
  
  
       As my mother got older and did a little shuffling with her walk, I would tell her she needed to pretend she was marching in a band and try to lift those feet high. Or, act as she was a beauty pageant contestant and put that foot up and in front of the next! Mind over matter! It seems to be getting harder to make my mind stay on top of the "matter!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment