Tuesday, August 23, 2016

ACTUALLY REMEMBERING SOMETHING FROM COLLEGE!


      This afternoon I took up to our local "Advertiser, Williamsburgs answer to a Pennysaver, a new format for an ad that I created with the help of a young lady at the Minuteman print shop in Marshalltown. I wanted to time my new ad with the Labor Day week-end and kick off the fall season when lots of people think about window cleaning.

       The lady at the Advertiser said, off the top of her head, that my timing was good because she knew my ad was expiring this week. I mentioned that I thought it was really good that she could remember when my ad was due without looking it up.

         Her response was "Oh, I remember YOU!" I said something back to her that I guess it didn't matter whether that was a compliment or a criticism, as long as she remembered. I told her I had learned in Advertising 101 at Drake University back in the 1960's the following---"In advertising you want your ad to be extremely liked or extremely dis-liked to be effective!" I guess I don' care either way as long as I have their attention! PS. I think she really likes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment