Saturday, August 20, 2016

NO THANK YOU! I'LL STICK W/ COMFORT FOOD!


      This past Monday evening, I had dinner out with friends from Urbandale, Jerry and Judy Roberts. They had left it up to me to choose the restaurant as I don't get back to my old home town area that often. My first choice was Jesse's Embers on Ingersoll Ave as I have always loved dining there and it brings back many memories from years gone past. It was closed for some renovations. Darn!

      We finally drove down the street and it was decided to eat at a Mediterranean restaurant,  the "EATERY A." Judy had eaten there once and it was one of new, trendy, and popular eateries in Des Moines. The interior was very cool. But, where the trouble started was when we had to ask what "Beef Cheeks" was. The response by our server was that it was meat from around the jaw!? The pork entree was something from the diaphragm area! I went for the beef as I was afraid to ask where the fettuccine came from.

     I was told that I should broaden my tastes. No! I have had a lifetime of that and now, I decided about two years ago, is to stick with my wide range of "comfort food!" On the other hand I did give it a shot and it just didn't pan out. The upside was we went to a Dairy Queen in Windsor Heights for dessert. Can't beat a hot fudge sundae!   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment