Saturday, August 13, 2016

DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' RAIN GAGE!


       With all the rain that we have received this past week, it seems the big question every time I turn around is "How much rain did you get here? In a rural farming community like Williamsburg it is to be expected. My stepdad who was a farmer was always asking me that question even when I was living in Des Moines many years ago. 

        I guess even though being a farm raised guy, I never found it interesting or necessary to keep track of rain. Especially when it gets down to tenths of an inch for crying out loud. Or, to listen to  two old guys arguing or discussing who got the most within a mile or so. It's like "who caught the biggest fish!"

        For me with all the rain we received lately the big question is simply "Do you think we have  enough? Yes or No! Maybe I have been missing something all these years. I am sure I can get one at the local True Value!

No comments:

Post a Comment