Wednesday, August 31, 2016

THE LAST MOVIE YOU SAW WAS WHEN??


      Today at the Burg Grocery, I was helping a lady out with her groceries who was really excited about a night out with the "girls!" They were going to eat out at n eatery in Corralville and  then were going to take in a movie also at the local cinema. 

        She mentioned that the last movie she had seen was "Sleepless in Seattle!" I checked and that movie was released back in 1994. She was also shocked in knowing that the movie was going to cost her $7 or $8.00. Wow! To prevent a real shock I advised her to maybe smuggle in some M & M's purchased outside the theater!

       I recall when I took my mother to see the movie "Titanic" back in 1997, she had not seen a movie in a theater for many years. And, after I took her, she would always bring it up until she passed away in 2003, that Titantic was the last she had seen. I couldn't imagine. I probably watch on TV, rent from the library, Redbox, Netflix, or actually go to a movie theater, at least 200-300 movies a year. One movie a decade or two just wouldn't cut it!

No comments:

Post a Comment