Thursday, August 20, 2015

THERE ARE OLDIES THEN THERE ARE OLDIES!


      This past Tuesday, while returning from Des Moines and cruising along I-80, I randomly played some of my old CD's and cranked it up high! My first selection was a set of old 1950's tunes with likes of Jerry Lee Lewis, Fats Domino, Little Richard, and The Diamonds who did the Stroll.

     For many years I didn't really care to listen to music from my innocent high school years as a lot of music fro the 1970's and 80's seemed to be more in favor. Not today for some reason. Maybe grabbing that particular selection was "meant to be." Listening to those oldies from a more innocent time for some reason that day was really special. Again, I guess it is always OK to go back as long as you don't stay. It was so special going back, even if only for a little while with just me and the Doo Wops!

No comments:

Post a Comment