Saturday, August 15, 2015

SO YOU THINK IT IS A NEW HIT!


      Recently someone was taking about a particular song that they loved and remembered it from the 1970's. The song was "I hear You Knocking" by Dave Edmunds. I chuckled a bit as I remember the song and it was originally done by a female  singer/ actress named Gail Storm. She even had a sit-com on in the 1950's that I hate to say I remember. It was also done by Little Richard and was actually written by a someone who co-wrote a "The Fat Man" that Fat's Domino made into a hit in the late 1940's. 

     The morale of the story is if you or one of your grand-kids think a particular song is new, the chances are it has already been done once or twice before! Now you know why as we get older we get forgetful. Our brain is just not accepting or has room for much more trivia!

No comments:

Post a Comment