Saturday, August 29, 2015

A LITTLE WHITE LIE!


     The other day I was visiting with someone here in the Burg about crashing a funeral luncheon just for the good food. I would never do it , but, it reminded me of a little prank I played years ago that didn't cause any great harm!

      It was back in the 1980's and my ex-wife and friends were at the Plaza in Kansas City one evening having dinner. The restaurant was Harry Starker's and our wait for a table was a long one. 

     With my acute impatience, I went up to the hostess stand and proceeded to ask how much longer the wait. For some reason I said how much longer would the wait be for the "Dr. Laverty" party of four! The hostess indicated that it wouldn't be too much longer. 

     By the time I got back to the lounge where we were waiting my name was called. "The party of four for Dr. Laverty is ready." I never did that again, but, it was fun and got to experience what the other half take maybe for granted! 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment