Sunday, November 23, 2014

WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH KIDS TODAY!

          A few years ago, a friend came back from California and brought a fashion observation while there. I had at the time, a favorite baseball cap that I had worn for with a frayed bill. Then, baseball hats out there in California were being sold new with frayed bills along with jeans with rips, tears, holes, and even for awhile you could buy them with grass stains all for big bucks.I always knew I was ahead of my time.


    Along that line, the only clothing trend that annoys me, and has for some time, is  the wearing of pants so low that with one slight touch they would be down to their shoes. I saw a kid once in Marshalltown that had to keep his one hand in his front pocket to just keep them up.


     We wore them a little on the low side back in the 1950's and 60's, but, not to this extreme. At least we normally wore a belt and they fit tight enough that there was little chance of them coming down. And, if you are short and chunky shaped to start with it makes you appear to be shorter still, especially when they are wearing those baggy shorts down to their ankles.


     I used to tell my grandkids, when they were looking at old pictures and laughing at the way they looked, remember,  those kids back then thought they were cool and they were "for the time." It's even hard for this old timer to believe that someone like me will be telling their grandkids that some of these  looks of today were cool! I suppose so!


     Some other time, I will tell you my feelings on baseball hats worn backwards, off to a jaunty angle, or with those big flat bills. Stay tuned for more fashion tips from Dennis!



    

No comments:

Post a Comment