Sunday, November 19, 2017

SOMEBODY WINS SOMEBODY LOSES!


        This wasn't my week-end for sports. I attended the State Boys Football finals @ the Uni Dome to watch the local Williamsburg Raiders loss big time and then had to witness a horrible game with my Hawkeyes losing to Purdue. I was happy for my old classmate and friend, Jerry Roberts. His nephew coaches for Van Meter and they beat Regina of Iowa City in the class 1A finals earlier that day.

        Losses like the above used to really bother me in my younger days especially the Hawks. But, somewhere along the way I mellowed and now just brush it off and know that tomorrow will always come. I'm now remembering what my mother used to say. "Dennis, somebody has to win and somebody has to lose." Wise woman!


No comments:

Post a Comment