Monday, November 13, 2017

A KOLACHI--NOT MY FAVORITE


       This past Saturday morning, I attended, for the first time, an antique/collectible estate auction in Wellman, Iowa near Kalona, Iowa. I really liked the layout of the facility, the seating arrangement, selection of the items, and especially the Auctioneer-Dwight Duwa. It was a pleasant experience and I hope to return again, even though this time I deliberately left my cash and check book to home. 

         After seeing someone munching on a "Kolachi." I should have just looked! I went out to the lunch stand and requested a cheery filled Czech treat. Too much dough for me and not enough cherry. 

       I been spoiled with my own cherry filled pastry. On occasion, I buy a tube of Pillsbury crescent rolls, form a square of two or four together, fill them with Wilderness pie filling, mix in some cream cheese, roll and bake. I shouldn't even be giving out this tip because it may be illegal somewhere. Oh well. I guess it's always good to try something new! 

No comments:

Post a Comment